Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 5: Starting to see changes in my appetite and WEIGHT!

Not much to say today, as I had a case of insomnia last night while blogging and stayed up until 7:30 AM or so...and then I finally passed out so my entire day disappeared. Oh well though I suppose, no use in dwelling on it, but I am trying to figure out what to do to flip my schedule around so I can at least stay awake during the day...I've been wanting to get out and walk around lately, but I haven't found myself really motivated. Though weighing less in the morning does make me want to get up, I'm trying to avoid putting on make-up, dressing up, etc. Mainly because I've started "Spring Cleaning" and it's really difficult to get it done thanks to my boyfriend's parent's sleeping schedules. His dad works at night, and his mom sleeps then...but his dad comes home in the early morning and sleeps during the day. In fact, there is only a period of time between 3:00 PM and 10:00 PM that I'm able to do any actual cleaning that makes noise. So I'm sorry if I seem rather frustrated, it has nothing to do with my Food Journaling, merely my life at the moment...

Onto my Food Journal for today:

A photo of my Food Journal for you to see! I'd show you the pages inside, but my handwriting and calorie counting is a total and complete mess until I figure out exactly how I want to lay out my days. Which I'm trying to figure out this week, obviously!


Day 5
25.03.11. Friday

Morning weigh-in: 218.6 lbs.

5:00 AM Snack @ home
♥ 1 small/medium-sized banana (about 105 calories)
♥ 1 Kashi TLC "Trail Mix" chewy granola bar (140 calories)
♥ 2 24 fl. oz. glasses of water (0 calories!)

Calorie subtotal: 245

6:30 AM Snack @ home (again. thanks insomnia!)
♥ 1 piece of Trident LAYERS Sugar Free Gum (same kind as last time)(less than 5 calories a piece/stick so I'll keep counting them as 4 calories)
♥ 21 Reese's Pieces (at 4 calories per piece, 84 calories for 21 Reese's Pieces)

Calorie subtotal: 329

4:00 PM Snack (After I woke up, kinda like snack/breakfast)
♥ tiny bowl of oatmeal w/ a tiny bit of brown sugar (about 150 calories)

Calorie subtotal: 479

7:00 PM Dinner @ home
♥ 3 slices of a medium cheese pizza w/o sauce from East of Chicago (guesstimating about about 230 calories a slice w/o sauce, so about 690 calories total)
♥ 8 or 12 fl. oz. glass of water (0 calories!)

Calorie subtotal: 1,149

9:00 PM Snack @ home
♥ small salad composed of 2 cups iceburg lettuce (15 calories!), a sprinkling of cheese (guesstimating 25 calories?), and 2 tbsp. of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (140 calories)(entire salad = 180)


Keep in mind that my plate is a much smaller plate! Regardless, this was one of my favorite things I've eaten all week for some reason! I highly suggest making your own salads at home and using the internet to research vegetables calories!

Calorie subtotal: 1,329

Calorie total: 1,329

Bedtime weigh-in: 218.4 lbs.

NOTES: Stayed underneath my daily limit for calories, discovered salad can be rather filling even with limited dressing and very few calories, failed to exercise again though. It's alright though because this week is more about monitoring my food intake, calorie intake, incorporating more water, vegetables, and fruit into my diet, and most importantly kicking my bad habit of over-indulging on soda! The most noteworthy of all is that I had stomach issues the week before this and I believe it is ALL because of soda! My diet is not the healthiest, yet cutting back on my soda I don't have gas pains, problems with digesting food, and weird stomach noises all the time! I used to feel bloated and disgusting like 99.9% of the time, and just cutting back on my soda intake has left me rid of that entirely! Last note that I want to add in for those of us who REALLY enjoy food but are finding it hard to cut back, but love pickles, go buy a jar. They are 0 calorie, and though they have 210mg of sodium, it really won't hurt to eat one when you feel munchy! Just found out myself and got a jar at the nearby grocery store.


One last thing, when you are WEIGHING yourself, make sure to stand up straight and not hunching your neck down waiting on the number to pop up (if you have a digital scale) or (if you have a regular scale) crooning to watch the number go up. You need to stand straight ahead. Get someone else to monitor your scale...I look down after counting for mine now that I've gotten used to weighing myself so often. I leaned down to watch and ended up weighing 222.2 lbs. but when I stayed standing straight I weighed 218.4 lbs, and tried it a few more times getting the same results. So, make sure you aren't getting the wrong weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment