Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 8, Week 2: You've made it through one week, you can make it through another.

"More die in the United States of too much food than of too little."
~John Kenneth Galbraith, The Affluent Society


I'm going to get straight to my Food Journal after saying just a few minor things.
1. I hate sleep aids that are supposed to help you sleep but instead keep you feeling drugged for 4 hours and make you sleep 12 hours straight.
2. I absolutely loathe not being able to function like a normal human being due to other people's sleep schedules.
3. Why is it that I have two binders and one is so loose and worn in that it doesn't flatten me anymore, and the other is so extremely tight that I can't breathe, feel like if I sneeze I will surely break a rib, and rips my skin off? (But flattens me so well I almost consider going through the terrifying pain. D:)

Alright then, onto my Food Journal:

Day 8, Week 2
28.03.11. Monday

Morning weigh-in: 218.0 lbs.

4:15 PM Breakfast/pick-me-up/snack
♥ 1/2 of a Kashi TLC "Trail Mix" chewy granola bar (70 calories)

Calorie subtotal: 70

6:00 PM Dinner @ home
♥ 8 fl. oz. of Coke (100 calories)
♥ 1/2 cup of Betty Crocker Cheesy Au Gratin potatoes (150 calories prepared)
♥ a small spoonful of Green Giant's Niblets canned corn (guesstimating 70 calories w/ Country Crock Cholesterol Free Spreadable Butter made w/ Canola Oil, since it was nowhere NEAR a serving of corn considering a serving is 1/2 cup and has 100 calories)
♥ guesstimating 6-7 oz. of cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast, cooked w/ water, steam, & 0 calorie "Bunkhouse" Chicken Rub or Seasoning (about 400-500 calories, guesstimating closer to 500 considering it was closer to 7 oz.)


My dinner tonight since I didn't post pictures yesterday! This is a child's plate so that's why everything looks crammed. It was made for a 5 year-old portion wise, and has little funny looking monsters on it. XD I guess I really love it because it's portion control helps me when eating at home. 1/2 cup potatoes, mashed or Au Gratin fit perfectly into the two little side dish divots.

Calorie subtotal: 890

8:00 PM DQ (The parental units ate there tonight since they want none of my healthier alternative food... :P)
♥ a small caramel sundae (300 Calories)

Calorie subtotal: 1,190

9:00 PM @ home
♥ 8 fl. oz. cup of Coke (100 calories)

Calorie total: 1,290
Bedtime weigh-in: 219.4 lbs.

NOTES: No more soda this way since I drink my two sodas for the week in one night. One w/ dinner as a treat to making it to week 2, and one while I was cleaning since I was super thirsty and it was readily available. I did not get one of my 3 30-minute exercise sessions in today, but I still have 6 days to do so. I got the majority of my calories in one meal which doesn't make me too happy, but I overslept and really missed any chance to do so. I did however manage to stay beneath my calorie intake goal for this week, and with 110 calories to spare!


So, I think after my final week toward cutting soda from my diet I will be cutting my sodium intake since that can make you bloated, and going light on calories usually leaves you with a high-sodium intake because you have to season everything to make it taste good after you abandon deep-fried foods. I'm going to make one more post tonight about dieting misconceptions, and then I'm going to work on sculpting for CSC!

Regardless, though I'm about to post another blog tonight, sweet dreams to all you reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment