Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 10, Week 2: Sticking to it.

"The cardiologist's diet: If it tastes good, spit it out."
~Author Unknown


Wednesday was a rough day. Not sure how to put it, but I guess I just got a little frustrated with calorie counting at home. It overwhelms me to say the least, especially when dealing with any kind of ground beef. And because we had very little money, (it was right before "payday" in our household), we had no choice but to make something that everyone could eat and we could afford. Anyhow, onto my Food Journal for that day:

Day 10, Week 2
30.03.11. Wednesday

1:00 AM Snack during sculpting
♥ 1 Blue Bunny Ice Cream Bar (160 calories)

Morning weigh-in: 216.2 lbs. (WOAH. WHAT? That's right, seeing results from cutting a couple calories!)

5:00 PM Pick me up
♥ 1 Blue Bunny Ice Cream Bar (160 calories)

Calorie subtotal: 320

9:00 PM Dinner @ home
♥ 1 1/2 to 2 cups of spaghetti (guesstimating around 555 calories)
♥ 1 can of Dr. Pepper (150 calories)

Calorie total: 1025
Bedtime weigh-in: 218.0 lbs.

NOTES: Finally got in an (at least) 30 minute walk. Then I had a soda, but it was the only thing in the house and I CANNOT find it in me to drink the tap water in the area I live in. I don't feel bad about it considering last week I stayed on top of my soda count and only drank ONE SODA the ENTIRE week! I really have got to try to eat fruits and veggies in place of the calories I get from unhealthy snacking! I guess that might be a goal for week 3? I'm not quite sure yet!


I think the biggest thing to note from this day was that I consumed so very little calories, but at the end of the day I was really full. I mean it. I ate everything I liked, but I didn't consume very many calories and it left me full eating less than I used to. I never realized how many calories spaghetti made at home has. It's funny because I used to consume somewhere around 6 cups of spaghetti and not finish the very last bite on my plate but get close to doing so. I was recounting with Joji and couldn't even understand how I ate THAT much. I was so full after 1 1/2 to 2 cups of spaghetti... So, as a side note, my appetite is starting to shrink slowly. I am so glad I didn't drop out of my diet in the first week...the wait (HAHA! PUN!) was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment