Friday, April 15, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 Release!

So, I, like so many other children of the 90's, love Harry Potter. However, it took me until my 6th grade year to come around and read the very first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone or Philosopher's Stone. I did not however read the rest of the books because I was one of those kids who didn't enjoy what everyone else found "trendy" or what everyone else was doing for that matter. I appreciated it for it's creative value, but refused to buy into it. I saw the first movie just because it was on TV one night, and wasn't all too impressed. I saw the second movie thanks to my brother's choices because I had given him the first book. Up until this year, however, I had not been a huge fan, though I had an appreciation for J.K. Rowling as a writer who was, for once, an original and creative individual. I started reading the books after my boyfriend and I decided to go buy the movie because we hadn't seen it in a while, and both got the itch to watch it, but didn't own a copy. We bought it, and then both decided to go and buy the second one the following night. In a week we had bought all 5 that were out, and then began buying the books through Goodwill's ebay store because we couldn't find any used copies at our local Goodwills. We both have been reading since then and in love with the series like we are little children having a small addiction to both.
But here's the dish: I don't feel like the recent movie did any justice to the series.
Is it just me? Because I'm really dying to know! I really have loved all the movies and love the books a bit more, and I haven't read the 7th book yet, but my boyfriend did. (I'm reading the entire series in order, but he's read the entire series already.) And when we watched the movie, he had to explain how much was left out. And even more so, I feel like the last movie lacked something. It was really empty, and hollow, and then my boyfriend said the scene with Harry and Hermoine dancing around in the tent didn't even happen in the book and he didn't understand it. I don't know...maybe the next movie will be better? I really hope so, because all the other movies, I watch over and over again...but this last one? I watched it the night of the release and I haven't picked it up since.

So, anyone up for driving to NE Ohio to go and see the last movie when it releases the night it releases? You can contact me at biernot.illiad@live.com for more info because we want to do a small party since it's the very last one with goodies and maybe some light drinking with Liquid Luck themed drinks and maybe Hogwart's House themed drinks too! Lemme know! If you're in OH or near a state boarder and a Harry Potter fan, you should send me an e-mail because I'd love to have some friends go with! Just remember that you'll have to buy your own ticket to the theater we're going to!

No comments:

Post a Comment