Sunday, April 10, 2011

Nail Polish Review: 237 "Glitz" by Wet N' Wild

I simply LOVE glittery nails as much as the next person, but perhaps even more because I wear rather plain close and it's a great way to show your personality when you can't do anything more permanent and work a 9 to 5. My review for this color is much more formatted than my last nail polish review so we can get down to the "Nitty Gritty", so to speak.

Above: The front of the bottle of nail polish. And my final results. Below: The back of the nail polish bottle, and my final results again.

"Glitz" or number 237 by Wet N' Wild nail polish CAN give you that great sparkly manicure you want compared to other brands, it turns out just the same as others. It is composed mainly of a clear nail polish with no color persuasion or tint, and has a large quantity of magenta or fuschia glitter, with touches of silver glitter, and remnants of a light blue glitter as well. It is beautiful, but looking at the bottle you assume your nails will be thick and full of glitter or sparkles. This is not true.

When applied by itself, in one pretty thick layer with no base color beneath it, "Glitz, or 237, by Wet N' Wild lacks that fantastic full on glitter effect that many of us want right now.

It is SUB-PAR to say the least when it is applied in a thick layer on a nail with no base color beneath it, and looks as though it would need MANY layers to build up your nails to being covered in glitter. I know what you're thinking though: Then how in the hell are your nails so sparkly/glittery?! A base coat of a different nail polish. The one I reviewed last time, actually.

A color I reviewed last time, "wild plum" from petites collection "COLOR FEVER". A dark purple with no blue persuasion should work nicely beneath "Glitz" by Wet N' Wild, or even a pink or pink-purple. However, I don't know if I'd recommend a silver, gray, or light blue beneath it since the majority of glitter in the nail polish would need something to highlight it, not undermine it or outshine it.

Unfortunately, there is one down side: you will HAVE to use a topcoat beneath your one or two base coat colors of nail polish. The nail polish pulls up the color beneath otherwise, absolutely destroying them from being smooth and sleek. And then you need a top coat over top "Glitz" to keep it from catching on everything. So the final results?

Price: $1.99 USD (or less depending on the sales)
Found at: Rite Aid, though I think other drugstores and retailers like Walmart should carry it.
Quality: Not wonderful, but will do if you're hard for cash. But almost not worth it considering how much nail polish you must use in one sitting.
When should you wear it? When you have extra time to put effort into it because you will find yourself taking at least two hours trying to remove it before work on Monday at 9. You won't want to wear this unless it's at the beginning of your weekend, because it takes A LOT of time to remove from your nails.


I hope you liked my review and found it helpful! Comment to let me know what I can do to make them more helpful! Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment